I have no idea where the time goes.
Today (as promised) we had a PJ party. Mr. O was SO excited he could stay in his PJs all morning.... and requested wearing them while he ate lunch. So we did.
Gotta love those lazy mornings.
His only other request this morning was that we make cookies... while still wearing our PJs.
Chocolate Chip Cookies a la Anna Olson
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks **We used mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cream together butter and sugars until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
- Stir in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop by tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
For our 1st Anniversary I received the 'Sugar' cookbook by Anna Olson.
This is the most amazing cookbook for desserts.
I would definitely recommend it!!