Labels

Tuesday 4 September 2012

"Do I get to come back?"

"Do I get to come back?"

You heard it right here folks - He'd like to return to Kindergarten!

As we were walking up the staircase to the school doors, O was hanging on pretty tight to my hand.  He was peering around me to sneak a peek at his new school.  He was nervous to go into the class to meet the teacher, so we all sat for a minute outside the door to look around and become acquainted with the surroundings. From his perch he could see our church windows - which he immediately said "I didn't know they were brown?!" (meaning the window casings) then Mommy added "isn't that a nice contrast to the brick? - and then Daddy pointed to the cross that was fastened to the wall above O's seat and said "look who's here"... O looked up, smiled and said "Jesus..... that's good". Then we entered the class room.

Along with his teacher a sea of toys, tiny hooks, cubbies, colours and letters filled the room. We chatted with his teacher - found out which bus he'd take (when the time comes) and finally had a look at all the toys.

Z and Daddy were ready to leave (as per Z's loud exclamations from the corridor) - so I told O we had to go. Then I heard it...

"Do I get to come back?"

You sure do big guy - you sure do.

1st day of Kindergarten


8 comments:

  1. Yay Owen! So glad it went well. Love the chalk board. Keep the posts coming! Xo dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the blog Jen! Thanks for sharing. I was wondering how things went today...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - next time you see him I'm sure he'll have a whole bunch of stories for you!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great first day of school! Loved reading about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks K! Can't wait to hear about your first day :)

      Delete
  4. did he also wear the rain boots to school? he looks so happy! ~ pp

    ReplyDelete