I asked Mr. O - but all he said was "..hmm not sure mom... can I watch Ninja Turtles?"
It's a pretty tough decision. Maybe I should consult Donnie, Mikey, Raph and Leo?
With the TMNT's blessing I got down to work.
I have to walk past it every day, see it as I approach the house, and also catch a glimpse of it from inside....
That being said - I'm not at the point where I can or even want to spend a small fortune on this 'seasonal decor'.
All I know is that I wanted to create something that will transition into (deep breath)... winter.
1) I love my birch branches in the winter - I have done it for the past 3 winters, but still love them.
2) I also enjoy how hearty mums are (I tend to neglect living plants.. the varieties that can survive with out water for a bit is perfect fro me). I have also planted mums after, and to my surprise (see comment above) have enjoyed them yet again, for another season.
3) Burlap - totally screams fall and ..... winter
4) Pumpkins - gotta use them anyways! (hopefully they aren't liquid by Halloween)
5) Glitter balls and autumn pics - those are left over from season past