Labels

Monday 24 September 2012

Fall Porch Decor - as promised

Over the weekend I thought I'd tackle my fall planter/porch decor.

I asked Mr. O - but all he said was "..hmm not sure mom... can I watch Ninja Turtles?"

It's a pretty tough decision. Maybe I should consult Donnie, Mikey, Raph and Leo?

With the TMNT's blessing I got down to work.

I have to walk past it every day, see it as I approach the house, and also catch a glimpse of it from inside....

That being said - I'm not at the point where I can or even want to spend a small fortune on this 'seasonal decor'.

All I know is that I wanted to create something that will transition into (deep breath)... winter.

1) I love my birch branches in the winter - I have done it for the past 3 winters, but still love them.

2) I also enjoy how hearty mums are (I tend to neglect living plants.. the varieties that can survive with out water for a bit is perfect fro me). I have also planted mums after, and to my surprise (see comment above) have enjoyed them yet again, for another season.

3) Burlap - totally screams fall and ..... winter

4) Pumpkins - gotta use them anyways! (hopefully they aren't liquid by Halloween)

5) Glitter balls and autumn pics - those are left over from season past

Voila!




Thanks TMNT!



2 comments:

  1. Jen:
    I love reading your blog and seeing all the pictures! What a great alternative to Facebook. I hope your family is doing well. Mmmm.... now I want to go bake chocolate chips cookies! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it - I really appreciate the comments too. Thank-you!
      I hope I can keep it up with the return to work... and you definitely need to make those cookies!

      Delete