Labels

Friday 21 September 2012

Mini Muffins

So we made it through the school week -

All except the 'hot beaver' day.

School pictures were taken, and Miss Z's 1st Birthday photo shoot was a success. Her birthday isn't for 2 weeks - but I thought I'd be prepared to hand out pictures for the birthday weekend.

Mr. O is quite excited to stay in his PJ's tomorrow. He wanted to stay in them today - "can I wear my balls today?" (his pj's are covered in sport balls - basket, tennis, baseball, volley balls)

Honestly where does this kid come up with these things?

I love that  he says exactly what he's thinking - no filter... but I'm sure in a few years that what I find 'cute' won't be so cute..... sigh.

For those who don't know we are amidst a 'Great Canadian Basement Reno'. {As it's been coined by our old neighbour who the building mastermind aka the 'old fart in the basement' (actual quote)}

Hubby is doing a great job and is loving all the teaching and correction advice along the way.

How can you not love power tools?
Or just the fact that you are the creator of such a structure?
Gotta love DIY.
The "Man Cave"

There is a timeline factor involved, and the reno may not be completed right away as I'm headed back to work very soon. Oh well we've lived in an on going reno before - it will be done... someday....

I wanted to share a recipe I found and made this past week called apple stuffin muffins. The whole family devoured them, so I know I'll have to double the recipe next time. I added a few extra ingredients to mine:




Apple and Carrot Stuffed Muffins

**makes 12 mini muffins or 6 regular muffins


Ingredients
3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3 tbs vegan margarine (it's all I had - you can use butter though)
1/8 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup applesauce (I used 1 motts lunchsize apple sauce cup)
1 egg
1/8 tsp salt 
1/2 apple peeled and chopped very small
1/2 cup shredded carrot1/4 cup raisins

Method:
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl, set aside.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the margarine on high for about 20 seconds; add sugar, applesauce, egg and salt to bowl. Mix well.
5. Pour the apple mixture over the flour mixture. Gently fold in the flour until mixed in, add carrots and raisins, make sure not to over mix.
6. Fill the muffin tins about half full with batter. Bake for 8-9 minutes for mini muffins. 
**Note: For 6 standard size muffins bake 15 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment